Sunday, March 25, 2007

Last week

Wow, I'm way behind.
Last week, I think I took both MOnday and Tuesday off (yikes!) I'm sure I had a good reason....it was a recovery week, so I can't be too hard on myself.
Wednesday I did a 5 mile run
Thursday was swim practice--not too hard, but we had a team outing to In N Out afterwards. I really don't like the burgers (and especially don't like the fries), but it was worth it to hang with the team.
Friday I rode my bike after work (it makes a nice office adornment during the day--and produces a lot of cycling enthused visitors). Did about 20 miles, but had to race home as the sun was setting--did I mention this is reason 1a I love California?!?!? the beach is amazing.
Saturday practice was another ocean swim. We did about 600 meters. Everything I learned from the coaches and practice in the pool goes completely to sh*t when I get in the open water for some reason--well for many reasons: 1) can't see the bottom 2) fear of sharks 3) waves 4) fear of sharks 5) how cold it is 6) fear of sharks. I keep suggesting instead of practicing "sighting" (or looking up every few strokes to a landmark to make sure you're going the right direction) we should pracice shark punching. eyes and gills, eyes and gills!

No comments: