Saturday, March 17, 2007

Back in Action!

hoooRAH! Had a really good week of training--I guess those days off don't hurt as much as I though.
6.5 mile run on Monday night,
Tuesday night swam about 2400 m at the pool,
Wednesday did about 7 miles in the morning before work
Thursday had practice at the pool (3x150s, 3 sets of 3x50's, 200-50-50, 150-50-50, 100-50-50, 50-50-50) the 50-50 parts were two hard 50's sandwiched by the longer distance. DId I forget a set? it seemed much harder than just 1800 m.

I was ready to have today off!

Big hill bike ride tomorrow morning, and then I'm going to get in a long ride or run on Sunday. People have started to ask me if I'm ready for the race, and I find myself quoting one of my coaches from earlier this season, "nope, but I don't have to be ready until April 22." To be honest, I think I actually am ready!! It's pretty much as good as it gets right now. I started to think about what I'm going to do after the race....how weird it will be to not have swim practice on Thursday night, or to be able to go out Friday without thinking about how early I have to get up on practice on Saturday mornings. I think I will miss it too much if I stop entirely, so I'm going to pick one or two other events this summer to do. Make sure I feel justified in calling myself a triathlete.

No comments: