Monday, March 5, 2007

Hooked on a Feeling...

Sung by David Hasselhoff is the perfect blogging errr... *logging music. I am NOT a blogger (KRISTEN!!!)

I've had a tough two weeks of training. Not tough in that I've been running my legs into the ground and swimming my brains out, but tough in that I haven't been able to DO ANYTHING!!! It's a little nervewracking but I've had some bad luck. I pulled my groin muscle last week (yeowch) and then I came down with a cold--my first one since coming to California.

Also, starting a new job last week was a little extra pressure so I was very tired and had a hard time getting in good workouts. I managed to do a run Tuesday night and one Wednesday morning. We had a tough swim practice Thursday night (8x50, 4x100, 2x200, 4x100, 8x50 all timed).

Saturday morning was our first ocean swim! After spending about 30 mins just getting our wetsuits on (they're built for speed NOT comfort), we spent a while practicing getting into and out of the ocean. WHo knew you shouldn't use the patented Szolomayer high-legged gallop-and-dive-in-knee-deep-water?!?! Did a few laps around Coach as a buoy and back onto the beach. The water was about 57 degrees which I thought was warm--compared to boogie boarding at Coast Guard Beach down the Cape which rarely gets that warm.... SOmehow being in the ocean regressed my swimming technique to that "Tarzan" style the coaches used to make fun of me for in the beginning, but with a few more practices I think I'll get it. Plus Lake Meade won't be so choppy/salty/seaweedy/possibly shark infested.

I was active for the rest of the weekend (beach volleyball, bikeride before dinner, walk to get groceries) but couldn't really get another workout in due to my sickness. I'm giving myself tonight off too to get better and in hopes of shedding this cold. Going skiing this weekend so I'm going to try to keep up some workouts on top of that. No matter what I'm gonna be kicking my @$$ next week and really hittin it hard. ONly a few weeks of tough training left. I'm REALLY starting to get nervous.

That's all for now. "I can't stop this feelin' deep inside of me" -the Hoff

No comments: