Monday, April 2, 2007

Weekend Update

Saturday: Triple Brick in Redondo--6 mile ride (which started with a nasty little hill), then a 2 mile run at the beach...3 times! It was a tough workout, but felt good. I wish my runs had been faster (~18-19mins), but I'll blame it on the obstacles we had to avoid on the strand...people walking with dogs, rollerskaters, leisurely strollers oblivious to the rest of the people around them.

Sunday: My longest/hardest ride ever. ~50 miles through the hills of PV. Did the "dreaded" switchbacks, rode down to the bottom, turned around and did it backwards. It was a tough ride but fun to go with the guys who are training for the Wildflower Long Course (a half Iron-man--yes, they're crazy!!) It was about twice what was on my training schedule (shhh...don't tell Coach). I had to pass on volleyball that afternoon to save up energy for the open-water team swim at "Mom's Beach" in Long Beach. I only did a little more than a half mile swim but it was plenty for me. One of the girls on our team was able to swim her farthest yet! Everyone is so proud of her because she has been conquering her fear of swimming right in front of our eyes...all for the sake of her triathlon commitment. The coaches and mentors have been so supportive it's been great to see...especially now that she is kicking @$$! It's moments like these that show you what Team in Training is all about...

Don't forget! $$$$$$ www.active.com/donate/tntgla/lszolo We're nearing the end.... $$$$$$

No comments: