Saturday, April 14, 2007

Officially a TRI-athlete (almost?)

Did a first mini-tri today led by the TNT mentors at "Mom's Beach" in the LBC. It's the first time I've done all three sports together (and after much discussion later today decided that playing a game of volleyball, a game of basketball, and golfing in the same day does NOT count). We had a registration time, numbers, a transition area, photographer, the works!

We did a 400 m open water swim, a 6 mile bike ride and two 2 mile run loops. Took me about 71 mins, and all of it felt pretty good. The first 2 miles of the run were really tough--I just felt like I was going slowly despite my best efforts. That's how it's been feeling most of the time jumping off the bike into a run though. INto the water was a piece of cake (cake that tasted disgusting by the way sea water + mint gum = gross), and out was easier than expected slipping off the ol' wetsuit. Bike ride felt good, though a little cold with the ocean breeze drying off the water. and yeah, then the run. I was able to get the last 2 miles I think around 8 mins each, but definitely NOT the first 2.

1 week until the real thing. I can't believe it.

No comments: