Monday, February 12, 2007

Week-End Recap

Thursday night: Swam as usual ~ 2000 m in various sets (2x200, 3x200, 3x100, 3x50). Team outing to In-N-Out the quintessentially California fast food. (nothing like a team of triathletes chowing down on double-doubles!)

Friday: Night off!! Exhausted.

Saturday: 30 mile bike ride, flat up the "LA river" which is a creek in cement that smells of sewage/lowtide, wonderful

Sunday: AMGEN Charity Ride in Thousand Oaks. BEAUTIFUL! Once we found the course (only tiny arrows on the pavement marked the way) it was perfect. 28 miles includes the slight detour while we were lost. Had another one of those California moments when the sun was shining, 70 degrees (in February), riding next to horse ranches with the mountains in the background...straight out of a movie. If you told me 2 years ago that I'd be wearing spandex, riding my road bike through the hills of LA county I never would have believed it... I still sometimes don't ;)

No comments: