Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tired.....

SO the end of Build Week 3. I was so exhausted I slept right through swim practice Thursday night! I missed my favorite night of the week!! Decided to use that as my day off and did a 7 mile (painful) run Friday morning. Note to self, do not decide to suddenly wear running shorts for a 7 mile run when you're used to wearing spandex---THERE WILL BE CHAFING!

Saturday morning was the BIG brick. Not sure the distances but somewhere around a 25 mile ride and a 6 mile run (practically the race distance). Thanks to one of my teammate's flat tire I got to do the switchbacks (steep cuts up the side of the PV hill) twice! The run was pretty brutal as it was getting HOT out--but who can complain about 75 degree weather in the middle of February?!?!? It made the rest of the day relaxing at the beach that much better.

I am ready for a recovery week next week that's for sure.

No comments: