Friday, February 9, 2007

From Mom

Hey Lau,

I read your blog tonight. I was behind on my email. I wanted to add this comment, but was afraid that you would hate it. I did want you to see it though and post it if you wanted.

As I read through your comments I noticed a slight similarity between your experience to what it could be like for someone who is fighting cancer. Although as an outsider, you appreciate and empathize and sympathize with their nightmare, it is always with them, you wake up and all is okay. They do not wake up without the uncertainty and fear of the next step and how it will turn out. But, they are brave and never stop fighting, and just like you, will not give in. You can tell them you are there for them, that you love them, that you will take care of them and help them, but it is a singular journey. These experiences increase your desire for life, for living and the enjoyment of every little, tiny moment of it and the realization of just how fragile life really is.

Love Mom

No comments: