Tuesday, February 6, 2007

10k Results are IN!!

Official Time 00:50:32 (-35 seconds by my watch for the time to cross the starting line) Pace 8:09 Place 571 overall, 6th in my division!!! (Female 19-24) --the winner only had 48:13, I wish I'd known she was so close!!
My goal was to do a reverse split, run the second half faster than the first. I came through the 3 mile mark with about 24.35 so I just barely improved on that. On the plus side, it felt like a hard workout and I wasn't pushing it knowing that I had a tough build week of training ahead and had a 5 mile run at practice the day before. I think I did alright though. Hopefully in a real race I could improve on this time--of course all I could think was "how the heck am I supposed to do this AFTER swimming a mile and biking 25?!?!"


No comments: